PRIVACY NOTICE FOR REDPULSE LTD
The General Data Protection Policy (GDPR) has necessitated the updating of Privacy Notices for various entities across certain European countries.
This Privacy Notice is for: Redpulse Limited (RPL) and sets out who we are; the purposes and the lawful bases for obtaining and processing your personal information to run our businesses and your associated rights under the GDPR.
This Privacy Notice is provided for information purposes only and RPL reserves the right to update it from time to time.
Who we are
RPL (“we”, “our”, “us”) are storage company, office lettings and management company. Typical day-to-day activities include (but are not limited to) the: rental of storage unit, offices, commercial property, management of property portfolios, ongoing management and maintenance of land and properties.
Our postal address is Greenside Trading Centre, Greenside Lane, Droylsden. Manchester. M43 7AJ.
RPL are data controllers in respect of personal information that we process in connection with our businesses and this means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information.
In having a working relationship with RPL (which includes our employees, tenants, contractors, agencies, advisors and suppliers), you may be required to provide us with certain personal information (including your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, account details, job details, proof of identity, business details, insurance information, accreditations, vehicle details etc) in order that we can run our businesses in accordance with usual and reasonably assumed day-to-day business activities (which includes what is stated above under “who we are”); allow us to fulfil any contractual obligations or other working relationships between you and us and to comply with the laws and regulations that apply to us. This is the purpose for us requesting your personal information. If at any point in the future your personal information changes, you should tell us promptly about those changes in order that our records can be kept up to date and accurate. If you fail to tell us about any changes to your personal information (or fail to provide us with correct personal information to begin with) then it may affect any working relationship between you and us – including our ability to comply with a contract that we have entered into. In voluntarily providing your personal information to RPL, you consent to us holding and processing such information and contacting you as required in accordance with our usual and reasonably assumed day-to-day business activities (which includes what is stated above under “who we are”); to fulfil any contractual obligations or other working relationships between you and us and to comply with the laws and regulations that apply to us (which may include verifying your identity). Your consent will be the usual lawful basis for us processing your personal information.
Other lawful bases for our use of your personal information (other than your consent) may include: in order to comply with a contract that we have entered into; to satisfy a legal obligation; and where it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests (or those of a third party).
RPL will use reasonable endeavours to respect your rights to privacy and to protect your personal information subject to us always complying with the laws and regulations that apply to us. RPL will never sell your personal information to a third party
We use cloud-based software (including for the performance of property management and accountancy tasks) as part of our usual and reasonably assumed day-to-day business activities (as outlined above under “who we are”). Such software providers are required to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your personal information. Where your personal information is transferred outside of the EU you can expect a similar degree of protection of your personal information in accordance with the European Commission safeguards.
How we obtain information
Your information is made up of all the personal and financial information we collect and hold about you/your business(es) and the proprietors, officers and beneficial owners and your transactions. It includes: information you give to us (examples of which are given above under “personal information”); information that we receive from third parties (including credit reference agencies, organisations/individuals providing references, independent referees and guarantors, fraud prevention and government agencies); information that we learn about you through our working relationship with you; and information that we gather from publicly available sources such as the press, the electoral register, company registers and online search engines.
How long we will keep your data for
RPL will not retain your personal information longer than is reasonably necessary (which will usually be for up to two years) following when any working relationship between us has ended; for the avoidance of doubt it will be necessary to retain your information when we have a working relationship with you – for example, if you are a tenant. If there are reasonable grounds to do so including: where we are legally required; if it is necessary to meet any regulatory requirements (if any); resolve queries or disputes; and prevent fraud and abuse, then we may retain your personal information for an extended period of time.
You have certain legal rights to control what we do with your personal information. These include the following.
- Access. You have a right to get access to your personal information that we hold about you.
- Rectification. You have a right to correct inaccurate personal information and to update incomplete personal information that we hold about you.
- Erasure. You have a right to request us to delete your personal information if you believe that any of the following applies: we no longer need to process your information for the purposes for which it was provided; you wish to withdraw your consent for us to process your personal information; we are not using your information in a lawful manner. Please note that it may not be possible for us to erase your personal information immediately if there is a requirement for it to be kept – for example, if you are a tenant and we therefore have an ongoing working relationship and need to communicate with you.
- Restriction & Objection. You have a right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or object to us processing it entirely, if you believe that: any of the information we hold about you is inaccurate; we no longer need to process your information for the purposes for which it was provided; or we are not using your information in a lawful manner, unless we can demonstrate compelling and legitimate grounds for continuing to process your information which may override your own interests.
- Portability. You have a right to data portability. Where we have requested your personal information, or you have provided us with such information for the purposes of entering into an agreement with us, you have a right to receive the personal information you provided to us in a portable format.
- Marketing (if applicable). You have a right to object at any time to us processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes to you.
- Withdraw consent. You have a right to withdraw your consent to us processing your personal information, unless we can demonstrate compelling and legitimate grounds for continuing to process your information which may override your own interests.
- Lodge complaints. You have a right to raise a complaint with our Compliance Officer for Data Protection (CODP), Gillian Chisnall, by email at email@example.com or by post to Redpulse Ltd, Greenside Trading Centre, Greenside Lane, Droylsden. Manchester, M43 7AJ. Our security procedures may mean that a proof of identity is required. We hope that we can always assist you in addressing any concerns that you may have, but you also have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF. The ICO website is www.ico.org.uk and telephone number 0303 123 1113.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, or if you have any queries about how we may use your personal information which are not answered in this Privacy Notice, then please contact our CODP, Gillian Chisnall, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Redpulse Ltd, Greenside Trading Centre, Greenside Lane, Droylsden. Manchester, M43 7AJ.
Our security procedures may mean that a proof of identity is requested before such personal information is released. RPL reserves the right to charge a fee for your requests for personal information if your request is unfounded or excessive; alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in such circumstances.